Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Working on Patience

I had planned to write on this blog again when I had some good news. Well, it seems that good news is slow in coming, so I will write with what I know now.

I have interviewed twice for a youth ministry position. My last interview was a week and a half ago and today I received a phone call that was positive, but informed me that a decision was another week or two away. It probably wouldn't be so trying for me except that the last time I had to wait an extra week or two resulted in me not getting the job.

Pastor Sarah and I were discussing my impending job situation before I left MA. In that discussion, we realized that God has always provided jobs for me with relative ease on my part. I have never experienced the anxiety of waiting quite like I have the last two months and it's difficult.

I really would love this job. Working for the church sure trumps an office job for a girl like me. While I love organization, I love God more. While predictable hours and coworkers have their appeal, so does playing games and music and digging into the Word as my job.

Please pray for me. I need it.

Pray for:
- Patience so I don't lose heart
- Understanding so I don't lose patience
- Love for the church in Milbank no matter the outcome

Hopefully the next time I post I'll have more to say.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP