Tuesday, May 18, 2010

End of the School Year

It's May. Already.


On Sunday I watched the seniors of Milbank High School graduate. I didn't know the entire class and I really only knew a couple very well. I am always a little emotional at graduations, though. Each student is beaming with pride at what they have accomplished. It is one of the only time where the ending is just as exciting as the beginning. They have completed their childhood and now the whole world is laid out before them. I like reading where each of the students are going to college or military or wherever. It's so full of hope.

I am so thankful for the seniors who were in my youth group this year. They had every reason to write me off and yet they didn't. They allowed me into their lives even though they knew it would only be this year. They were student leaders and went on many of the extra trips and events offered throughout the year. I could not have had the year I did without these two students.

I am so proud of everyone who graduated this year. A lot of my seminary friends also graduated and are embarking on the next phase of their lives in ministry. For some that means more education, for others it means finding jobs. I pray for God's blessing on all of them. I could not be more proud or honored to know you and have been influenced by you!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP