Monday, January 4, 2010

One word: Awkward.

So funny story...


Last night was the church staff Christmas party. It was the pastor, his wife, the associate pastor, his wife, the secretary, her husband and me. The pastor's teenage son at the meal with us, which was kind of nice to have another young person there for a part of it.

During the evening we talked and played a couple of games. One of those games was a Christmas themed "charades." When my turn came, I got the song "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town." I made a gesture to show a large belly and then mocked "ho ho ho" in order to show Santa Claus. My team guessed it correctly and got the song soon after.

Skip ahead a few rounds and it's the pastor's turn. He mimics my gestures for Santa Claus, only his team (the other males) are not as observant as the female team had been. In his frustration, the pastor made the large belly gesture and then pointed towards me. He was trying to connect the gesture to what I had done a few rounds ago. The secretary's husband did not make that connection... instead he blurted out "pregnant!"

Awkward.

2 comments:

Amanda January 5, 2010 at 12:39 AM  

that is awesome. i'm so glad you record stories like this...i need to start.

The Hitchcocks January 5, 2010 at 3:05 PM  

Hee-hee!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP