Sunday, December 5, 2010

This is my winter song to you.

There is no denying it any longer. Winter has arrived. When the first hint of snow dusted the ground a few weeks ago I was still in denial. I was in a very crabby denial because I wasn't ready for winter to arrive yet. Now, however, I have accepted the truth. It is December - it should be white outside.


I don't really have much to say. Lots on my mind, but rarely things that I am able to share. It's been frustrating in a way to have so much happen and not be able to include the few who read this in my prayer requests and small victories and defeats throughout the fall. Know that I stay quite busy contrary to the contents of this blog. Know that God is constantly putting me into situations that I have no idea how to navigate and he always brings me through. Know that even if I don't write you, that I think of you more.

I do have one story I can tell. My guitar that has been broken for a long time has finally been fixed and along with the guitar came some amazing news. I bought this guitar from Jerry Stolp for $15 a long time ago. It has been the guitar that went with me to college and to camp. The bridge snapped before I moved to Milbank, so I've been borrowing my aunt's guitar during this time. Well, it turns out that this guitar - my guitar - is a nice guitar. It would retail for maybe $500-600. However, if I had wanted to get a guitar of equal quality, I would have to spend around $1500! Can you believe it? When I got that news, I felt like I was on an episode of Antiques Roadshow or something. I would never sell that guitar - it means too much to me. It is a symbol of the beginning of my journey as a Christian. However, it is nice to know that something I treasure is also a treasure.

Another random story: I have been listening to all the music on my computer in alphabetical order by song title. I have 1,157 songs on my computer. It's 2.7 days of music. I have been on this project for over a week. Right now I am on the letter "O". The song playing at the moment is "Overture/Work Song" from the soundtrack to Les Miserables. It's been an interesting project. I have discovered a lot of music that I forgot I had and a lot of music I don't really like. The next project will be to edit that list down.

That's what's new with me. I hope you are enjoying your advent. My dad made me an advent log - I really enjoy my Sunday lunches now - getting to light the candle and everything. Thanks Dad!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP