Friday, August 21, 2009

First Week

I cannot believe it is already Friday! This week went by very quickly. I have been to a couple of meetings which, more than anything else, remind me that I have a job now. I have been able to talk with a variety of people about the youth group and get some very helpful input. As a new person to the church and town, I am relying on the grace of others to point me in the right direction as far as who to contact, etc.


I have been fortunate enough to make a friend of my neighbor in the apartment building. She is a teacher at the high school, but only lives in Milbank during the week. She spends her weekends in Doland with her husband, so her apartment is her second home. She is very good about stopping by and asking how my day was. Yesterday we went for a walk between rain showers. I am very grateful for that company right now.

I also finally met my landlord yesterday, the infamous Dewey. In the whole process of looking for and renting and moving into this apartment, I had not met him. He finally got some rent out of me and he fixed the tub in the bathroom - I would say that is a "win, win, win" situation. :)

My Dad was also in town yesterday and brought with him some fresh garden produce. It was so nice to sit in my livingroom chatting with my dad about my new job. He was also able to see my office and sit on the couch in there as well. I think my office couch is more comfortable than my apt. couch - but perhaps that is just me :)

Tomorrow I am off and off to Watertown to do a little shopping. After a week of work, there are certain things I realized I need - such as a day planner, a ready supply of candy, etc.

I feel a little overwhelmed, but to borrow a phrase from Steve Foss, this is all a "learning experience" and I am grateful for it.

2 comments:

Jennifer August 22, 2009 at 1:34 AM  

Yeah Katie! I'm so excited for you and it's a blessing to hear how the Lord is providing and answering prayers. Know that I think of you often and continue to lift you up in prayer! We are still ironing out details for our trip to MN/WI - will let you know when and if I will be making my way more towards you. :-)

Unknown August 24, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

Katie, this is awesome!! I just got caught up on your life via your sweet blog and am thrilled to hear that God has been doing His thang (since I don't know any Midwestern terms, I'm substituting with some southern dialog) yet again! May He bless your Kingdom work in the place where He's planted you!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP