Wednesday, September 23, 2009

SYATP

So much has been happening. Last week my life went into chaos mode and doesn't show signs of slowing - which I love. HS and MS youth fellowships have begun - youth praise band is going well (they improve each week).


Yesterday I went to Pipestone, MN (112 miles away) to visit my former seminary roommate, Jen. She was in MN visiting family and we took advantage of the fact we were so close to one another. It was so wonderful to see her and meet her family! I was told that I was the first of her seminary friends to meet her parents and her younger brother Micah. They are a truly great family and I can't wait for Jen's other seminary friends to meet them!

It was a quick trip, though, because I had to wake up early this morning for See You At The Pole! SYATP is a student lead prayer time around the school's flagpole. It is a nationwide event that happens the 4th Wednesday of September every year. Last year 20 kids met around the Milbank flagpole, this year we had 75! It does a heart good to see so many students get up early to come and pray. I am sure that the promise of free donuts was a small draw for some students though...

What I really enjoyed about this morning is that we had many of the pastors from Milbank's churches present. There were Lutherans, Methodists, Baptists, Assembly of God and others all present. What a showing of the unity of the body of Christ! I hope that the success of this event leads to more projects that we can do together.

I better not make this any longer. I have phone calls to make before heading back to the school to eat lunch with the students. Tomorrow I am going to Fargo, ND to see Brandon Heath in concert with my cousin. So excited for that!

Thank you all for being patient with me as I find time to share my experiences.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP