Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sugar High

In junior high, my favorite movie was Empire Records and my favorite part of the movie is when Gina finally gets to live out her dream of singing in a band.  The song they sing is "Sugar High" and every once in awhile that song will randomly start playing in my head.


I gave up sugar for Lent.  Not all sugar - but most of it.  I still eat fruit and drink 100% fruit juice and honey.  But that's the only sugar.  No bread.  No sweets.  No baked goods.  No pie.  Practically no cereal.  

So far it's been good for me.  I am eating much healthier.  I have rediscovered my love for carrots and red pepper hummus.  I have been making my own salad dressings which is cool.  

There are a few downsides, however.  My birthday is during Lent which also means Pi Day is during Lent.  No birthday cake or Pi Day Pie for me this year.  I also had a dream last night that involved me eating this peanut-butter and nutella concoction and it was so unbelievably delicious.  Then I remembered in my dream that I couldn't have it - and only sort of felt guilty about eating it.  :)  Even in my dreams I am trying to observe Lent.


Here's a link to that part of the movie I was talking about:
http://youtu.be/qUJkM9jAzkk

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP