Wednesday, February 10, 2010

no keys - no control.

I think God is trying to tell me something.


He took away my car when I couldn't get my garage door open.
He took away my computer when it completely crashed.
He took away my keys when I lost them.

However,

He gave me nice weather when I walked to work and wonderful people to dig out my door.
He gave me a new computer the very same day that I have yet to pay for.
He gave me a reminder that I have a spare key.

However,

I see my garage door snowed in again after this weekend.
I see the bill for my new computer still going unpaid and the overdraft protection notice email.
I see that my landlord still hasn't given me the extra key to the mailbox.


What's wrong with this picture? God gives and he takes away. Usually he takes away with a purpose. I know his purpose - he wants control. More accurately - he wants me to give up control. I can't seem to do it. I seem to have a death grip on my illusions of control over my life.

Solution: Keep listening to "meteor shower" by Owl City which reminds me that "I am not my own for I have been made new. Please don't let me go, I desperately need you." (1 Corinthians 6:19)


3 comments:

Natalie February 11, 2010 at 10:22 PM  

Wow, something I need to hear as well. Good thoughts here my friend.

Anna February 12, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

Good words, Katie! A great reminder for me.

Amanda February 20, 2010 at 12:49 PM  

good call on those control issues. i've been having similar experiences with losing things/having them taken away. hmmmmm. =)

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP