Sunday, December 4, 2011

Advent Log and Squirrell

Advent logs are a common tradition that are along the same lines as an Advent wreath. They have 4 candles that represent each Sunday in Advent. As a young child I made an Advent log during Sunday School. We were given a log with holes in it for the candles and we were to decorate it. We had various fake greenery, red ribbon and bows among other decorations. When I finished with the log it was the most hideous advent I had ever seen, but I brought it home and my parents proudly displayed it. In fact, they still have it to this very day.

But what makes my parents' advent wreath special was the addition of a small ceramic squirrel that I made it art class a few years after I made the wreath. He is perched on the log and has become a part of the advent celebration in the Rowen household. He has lost an ear over the years so he fits right in with the log that has some it's decorations that are starting to fall off.





Last year my dad made me my very own advent log similar to the one I made them so many years ago. However mine does not have a squirrel. :(


0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP