Tuesday, May 26, 2009

the map in my mind

Today is Natalie's birthday.  Happy Birthday!

Today Jen left for Uruguay.  Safe travels my friend!
Today Machelle learned the due date for her baby - her birthday.  Congrats!

It has been a pretty quiet day for me, despite the previous list. 

Sometimes I imagine a map of the United States in my mind.  It would be something akin to the map on the movie Men in Black.  Don't mock me for my movie references, please.  :)  On my map there are pins that mark all of the people I know or have known.  I imagine what they are doing right now as I sit in my room in South Dakota.  Sometimes the map is larger - to include all of my international friends.  Lately, it has included Africa when I think and pray for Jana.  It includes Germany when I think and pray for Fabian and Anke.  

If you are reading this, more than likely you have a pin in my map.  I am thinking of you and praying for you.  I have a lot of time to do that as I wait to hear about a job.


__________________________________________________


Yesterday was Memorial Day.  I was going to write and post a beautiful picture of our Avenue of Flags.  However, it was very windy and they took down the flags 3 hours before they said they were going to, so I wasn't able to get a picture.  Without the picture, the post didn't happen.  That isn't to say I didn't celebrate.  I have always loved Memorial day and now that both of my grandpas have passed away - it is even more important for me to celebrate and remember.

3 comments:

Jennifer May 28, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

Thanks for the shout out! :-)

Natalie May 30, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

Hey friend, thanks for the message on my birthday. It's been a whirlwind week with friends visiting but I've been thinking of you and wondering about the job situation. So glad to know that I'm on your map. You're on mine too. :)

Camber Carpenter July 1, 2009 at 8:17 AM  

Hey Auburn girl!
I'm playing catch up on the new blog (I'm a bit slow on the uptake)
The map and pin thing: I totally have the same thing in my head--but just in my head because I can't damage the walls in my apartment. It would confuse the lizards.
There are lots of pins in eastern SoDak...especially in summer :)

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP