Sunday, May 31, 2009

Welcome to Arlington


Grandma Henry's house at the edge of town.


One of the three grain elevators in our town.  This one is the biggest.


More grain storage.  Down the street from my house.


I used to live here until I was 5.  Hard to recognize the house with all the "stuff" hindering your view.


This is not technically in Arlington.  I have a lot of field pictures from outside of Arlington as well as our trip to Flandreau and the surrounding country.  This might located near Trent, SD.



Mainstreet on a Saturday afternoon.


Every town has a watertower with its name on it.  Our tower has the school mascot - the cardinal.


The city park.  In the distance is the swimming pool, tennis court, and sand volleyball pit.


This is a section of town that is being developed.  The mass of trees in the distance is the cemetary.  In South Dakota, if you see a group of trees - they are serving a purpose.


This is probably my favorite picture of the day.  The parking lot for the Lutheran Church.



This is the shed where we keep the bikes.  Mine is currently at the camp so we've restored my mom's bike and I've been using that.  I actually like it a lot better than my own bike.


My dad sells and services fire extinguishers.  We have a few.


Last picture of the day - our house from the back.  

For those of you never fortunate enough to visit Arlington, I hope this gives you a little glimpse into prairie life.

For those of you who have been fortunate to either visit or live in Arlington, I hope this allows you to see your town in a new light.  

3 comments:

Kim May 31, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

These pictures make me miss home--good thing I'll be there in a few days! The field pic looks like something my mom would paint...

Jennifer May 31, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

These are great! Yeah Arlington! I love the grain elevators.

Anonymous June 11, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

I do have a renewed vision of Arlington! :) Thanks for the posts...I've finally looked at your new blog! :) Can't wait to see you!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP