Sunday, May 24, 2009

oh what a beautiful day!

Today we had people over to our house for lunch in honor of my seminary graduation.  It was a very informal thing, but I was really glad my parents suggested doing it.  There were little kids running around, I saw friends and cousins and aunts and one uncle :)  that I haven't seen since Christmas - which was great.


I also dug out my mom's bicycle from the back corner of an old shed we have.  My bike is currently at the camp and will stay there until I get serious about getting it.  Until then I will ride my mom's awesome bike.  This bike has been through a lot.  When I was a little girl, we were on our way camping and were pulling a camper and our boat.  All of our bikes were in the boat and something happened that caused the boat to tip over while going down the highway (I don't remember what caused it).  Anyway, my mom's bike took the worst beating (the seat is held together with electrical tape.)  Other than that, it is in great condition and I'm excited to ride it around.

For those of you who were admiring my pies - they went over well.  The strawberry pie was gone right away and I got raves on the strawberry rhubarb pie as well.  The rhubarb custard was pretty good, too.  It was sure fun to make them and would be glad to have an excuse to make a pie again!

Finally, I think I fixed the issues with leaving comments on this blog.  If you have tried and didn't succeed - try and try again.  If it still doesn't work - email me at kjrowen@gmail.com

Until next time...

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP