Sunday, November 1, 2009

I've opened the can of worms...finally

Tonight's youth group was amazing. I don't know how it happened, but something changed. We started by playing a simple game of defending stupid convictions like which football team is better, etc. Then we sang a song. Then we began to talk about the hope of a Christian and before I knew it I was being flooded with questions.


"How do I know God exists?" "Why did Moses get a burning bush and I get nothing?"
"How I can trust that the Bible is true?" "How do I know that Jesus really existed?"
"What happens to people after they die, but before the return of Christ?"
"Why did God allow humans to sin?" "Why did he let Lucifer fall?"
"What about evolution?" "Why doesn't our church talk about speaking in tongues?"
"How did you get from asking all these questions to becoming our youth pastor?"

Once they started - their heads started to spin. I knew exactly what they were going through. One question brings up another question and another and none of them are easily answered. This was what I had been waiting for. This was the moment I had been working toward these last few months - this is why I am here for them.

Youth lasted an extra hour tonight and I didn't even get to half the stuff I planned. It was wonderful - God moved in a major way.

9 comments:

Camber Carpenter November 2, 2009 at 4:33 AM  

That's great, Katie!

So...are you going to tell us the answers? hehehe

Anonymous November 2, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

Yeah Katie! I'm always encouraged by your updates!!

Critically Christian November 2, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

You don't know how it happened? Well "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" James 5:16

Katie November 2, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

Very true... I knew I was right to have partners in prayer!

Anna November 2, 2009 at 6:07 PM  

I'm so happy for you and for the work God is doing in and through you!

Jennifer November 3, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

So exciting! I know this is a shocker, but I got all teary eyed reading this.

gad November 4, 2009 at 11:30 PM  

Very cool, Katie. Thanks for sharing your life and work with those of us in the peanut gallery.

gad

Shelly November 5, 2009 at 7:55 AM  

Wow Katie...

I'm overwhelmed at His plan for you and grace to walk it out.

PS - When you get all those questions answered, how about you email me your answers. Haha

Anonymous November 5, 2009 at 2:09 PM  

katie! Woohoo!! You can imagine my excitement right now- I think that's fantastic, not only because the obvious exploration they will continue to undergo, but because they feel comfortable with you- and they know they won't be judged. That's where it all starts sweet friend! Love you!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP