Friday, November 13, 2009

Milbank - Home of the 2009 11A Football Champions!

Yesterday was a good day.


I slept in - I had time to myself as I drove to Vermillion.

I talked with a friend.

I watched the Milbank football team win their first ever state title.

I hung out with another friend.

Watched a volleyball game somewhere in northeastern Sioux Falls.

Watched an awesomely awful romantic comedy with said friend.

Sent and recieved over 100 text messages. (My mother even saw me on tv texting...oops!)


What really stands out to me though - is the sense of community I encountered. I was in contact with friends all over the country yesterday - supporting me in what I was doing and where I was going. I was also surrounded by the Milbank community as we cheered on the football team.

I wish I had something more profound to say - but ultimately - I am just grateful that I have communities to be a part of. Whether they are defined by physical residence or common interest or shared history. We are meant to live in community - and yesterday I did.

1 comments:

Anonymous November 21, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

Awe, I know what you mean!

Communities exist in much the same way as the invisible church...in our hearts connected by a greater love...and I can believe in that! :)

love you Katie!

Em

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP